Abbess offers a variety of in-chamber lighting options to meet your needs. From simple LED spotlighting to more advanced solar simulations, we can most certainly light the way for you!
Accommodating lighting inside a vacuum chamber is not as simple as sticking a light to the ceiling of the chamber. Due to the nature of vacuum, traditional lighting options will overheat and disrupt your desired testing environment. Our engineers have developed numerous solutions to this problem.
Small Form Factor UHV Light
Abbess’ Small Form Factor UHV Lights provide high-intensity light inside your chamber and systems. We can configure the lights fixture to meet your needs whether it is complex light cycling or simply providing light in hard-to-see areas of your chamber.
Need something different than what’s shown? Abbess’ Engineers can work with you to customize a solution for your specific application. We can do anything from small modifications, surface treatments, to entirely customized systems. To get an accurate quote for the exact specifications you need fill out our RFQ or call today!
In a vacuum, the heat generated by electronics such as lights cannot dissipate through the air, thus making electronics susceptible to overheating while under vacuum. To prolong the lifespan of the vacuum lights in your chamber or system, our engineers have designed heat sinks that enable the lighting fixture to effectively and efficiently transfer the heat through the walls. This design has enabled us to not only increase the overall lifespan of the fixture but also maintain a consistent vacuum testing environment.
- 4″ Body Length, with two through holes for mounting to chamber body.
- Models are available for all vacuum ranges, low vacuum to ultra-high.
- Color Temperatures available: 3000K, 4000K, and 5000K
- Compatible with various electric feed-throughs.
- LED Fixture with Internal Components, Non-Dimming
- Power Input: 100-240V AC, 1-3A
- Average Lumen Output: 4,000
(will vary with temperature and usage)
- Operation Temperature: +120°F (~50°C) to -300°F (-180°C)
- Max Storage Temperature: 250°F (120°C)
- Lamp Body Material: 7075 Aluminum
- Diffuser Material: PVDF Film
- Wire pigtails from lamp: 14 AWG, Silver Coated – Stranded Copper, PTFE Insulated x 6 feet long
- Specific External Power Supply configuration to be determined by Customer and Abbess Engineering at time of PO receipt
Economy Vacuum Lighting Options
Our small Vacuum compatible lighting option is the most cost effective way of gaining light into your vacuum chamber. The light is connect by a tapped ¾” NPT hole. It comes with two plastic mounting strips that you can secure anywhere on the chamber to mount the light. Shown below is a 36″ Vacuum Chamber that has the 12″ Vacuum Lighting option.
- Available Sizes are: 6″, 12″, 24″, 48″, 72″
- Input Voltage: 12vdc
- Watts Per Module vary based on size: Our 6″ version has an output of 1.4W (67 lm/W) and our 72″ Version has an output of 9.4W (87 lm/W)
- 4800K to 5200K Color temp
If there are any other questions you may have you can discuss your needs with our Lighting Specialist and your challenge can become our next accomplishment!