Abbess Instruments’ products (the unit) are carefully tested and inspected before leaving the factory. We warrant the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for 12 months from the date of receipt, under the following conditions/exceptions:
1. Abbess acrylic lids and acrylic vacuum chambers are designed to be robust, however due to the nature of acrylic, are not meant to withstand being dropped, having a point load placed of them or withstanding sharp blows. They are also prone to becoming scratched and abraded, especially when caustic samples are placed inside of the chamber or when solvents containing caustics or abrasives are used to clean the acrylic components of the chamber. For these reasons Abbess will only warranty these acrylic parts from defects in the workmanship and the material themselves, but not for any effects of mishandling or otherwise normal use that can be detrimental to acrylic.
2. Shipping Disclaimer: The components of Abbess Vacuum Chamber Systems are, by their nature, delicate. Abbess Instruments strongly recommends that all systems containing electronics be shipped by air and/or air ride trucks. Abbess cannot be responsible for components becoming loose or damaged during transit. We have found through our experiences that regardless of how well electronics are packed for shipping they are prone to damage. For that reason, we will only ship systems containing vacuum components and/or electronics via air ride truck or air unless specified otherwise by the If a customer chooses to ship another mode of shipping the customer assumes full responsibility for any damage incurred in shipping. Abbess will automatically, without notice, void a warranty if systems containing vacuum components and/or electronics are not shipped as we recommend. Voiding of the warranty will be for all damage, including latent damage. Under no circumstances will Abbess warranty a product that has been shipped via hard-body truck or any other method which subjects the equipment to vibrations and/or shocks, including by not limited to ocean transit.
DAMAGE IN SHIPPING: It the customer’s responsibility to file an insurance claim with the shipper in a timely manner. Any work done by Abbess, including assistance in assessing damages, as a result of damage in shipping will be billed at our usual labor rate and there will be a charge for any travel, parts and material, as we all shipping charges. Abbess will not do any work without either a PO from the customer or written assurance from an insurance company that Abbess will be compensated for repairs. Damage in shipping in no way absolves the customer of its responsibility to pay Abbess Instruments as per agreed upon payment terms.
3. Warranties will become void if vacuum chambers are kept in an environment that causes contamination to the chamber and/or its components, and any operating difficulties caused by dirt or contamination will not be covered by warranty.
4. In the event of defect in materials or workmanship, we will either repair or replace, at our option, any part which in our judgment shows evidence of such defect.
5. This warranty does not cover wear or expendable items such as gaskets/o-rings/gaskets or oil.
6. This warranty does not apply if, in our opinion, the unit has been misused, abused, altered, tampered with, or used in life-cycle testing.
7. Abbess will only be responsible up to the cost of the unit. In no event shall Abbess Instruments be liable for loss of profit, or incidental, indirect, special, consequential or other similar damages arising out of any breach of a contract resulting from this quotation, or obligations under a resulting contract. Except as provided in Abbess’s standard warranty, the liability of Abbess for any claim arising out of or in connection with a resulting agreement, whether in contract or tort (including negligence or strict liability) shall not exceed the amount paid to Abbess by the customer with respect to any resulting contract. Abbess shall be under no further warranty obligation expressed or implied
8. Abbess reserves the right to modify this warranty for products that have been modified/customized at the customer’s request.
9. For service please request a return material authorization (RMA) number from abbess by calling 1-508-881-8811. After an RMA has been assigned, ship the unit, freight prepaid, in the original crating. If the original crating is not available, suitable crating must be used.