Durable Acrylic Bell Jars allow for full view of the degassing article.
This large acrylic bell jar vacuum chamber enables our customers to monitor by eye there articles under vacuum.
Old fashion glass bell jars are extremely dangerous due to the ease associated with causing cracks that result in breakage. Our acrylic bell jars are constructed of Heavy Acrylic. This bench top sized vacuum chamber is designed to be a rugged unit with 1/2″ thick walls and true o-ring seals for deep vacuums and long life. Our customers use these chambers in vacuum degassing small batches of resins, epoxies, vacuum encapsulation, vacuum impregnation, prototyping and research in vacuum processes and methods. With chambers still in service that are over 25 years old, these chambers will withstand decades of daily testing and use.
All chambers are capable of dynamic vacuums of 29.92 inch(Hg) or better (10-4 torr)
Designed, fabricated and tested with uncompromising attention to cost and detail.
- Cast Acrylic
- Better known by name brands such as Plexiglass, Acrylite, Chemcast, etc. Acrylic plastic offers durability and is an excellent substitute for glass, acetate, polycarbonate or PVC when one is looking for transparency or translucency. It is half the weight of glass and 45% the weight of aluminum. Maximum Service Temperature, Air 65 – 112 °C 149 – 234 °F Average = 94.5°C; Transmission, Visible 92 %
- Material data- Data sheet
- Compatibility – Data sheet
- Chamber is Full clear
- Vacuum down to 29.92 inch(Hg) under dynamic vacuum
- Vacuum gauge with a dial registering 0 to 30 inch of Mercury (Hg)
- Vacuum connection, 1/4in. NPT x 1/4in. hose barb provides quick connection to vacuum pump (optional)
- Vacuum Needle Valve for controlled evacuations
- Vacuum Break Needle Valve and internal diffuser with muffler, provides controlled vacuum break
- Mounting: 4 point feet, for stabile operation
- Electronic vacuum sequencer and regulator with manual override
- Electronic feed-thrus