Cube Vacuum Oven Systems
Do you need to dry your products under vacuum? Heat, dryand/or store your medical, pharmaceutical, food, sculptures, electronics, and aerospace inventory with Abbess Instruments’ vacuum oven systems. Satisfy Quality Control requirements by automatically monitoring, data-logging, and displaying the storage environment.
As an option, prior to storage, other Abbess systems can take your product, in-situ, all the way from cleansing through to its degassed, dosed, and even thermal-cured, state. Abbess Instruments reduces your production failures and processing time by eliminating moisture issues, air bubbles, and air cavities … and by automation (through controlling your process variables).
Do you require manual or automatic operation? Abbess will work with you to customize the automation to your process, just as we will work with you to ensure the system configuration meets your production needs:
While the most basic system can be controlled manually (by starting/stopping the pump(s) and opening/closing valves), a Vacuum Cycle Controller (VCC) can be added to automate a) vacuum/hold/vent control functions, and b) vacuum and thermal monitoring. Control may be either via panel-mounted buttons and indicators or via a PC with user-specified Graphical User Interface (GUI). Emergency or non-automated vacuum venting can be always readily achieved with the manual vent valves.
|The Vacuum Oven System consists of the following:
- Vacuum Chamber – A front loading Aluminum or Stainless Steel Cube (dependent on required operating vacuum) with a Stainless Steel Sheathing System over thermal insulation. Abbess chambers can be designed to reach 10-8 Torr or better. Most oven applications are in the 10-2/10-3 Torr range.
- Vacuum Pump- Provided with Inlet and Exhaust filters. Power and automatic control integrated in the VCC controller
- Thermal System – Thermal pad heating elements mounted to each chamber surface controlled by a PID temperature Controller mounted in the Process Control Enclosure. This enables heating to 200C. Extensive power demand of the thermal system necessitates sequencing the thermal process after pump down to set point pressure levels is complete.
||Process Control Enclosure – Contains components necessary for controlling the system as well as logic and interfaces for the Vacuum Cycle Controller.
- Process Timer Control
- Temperature Controller
- Status Indicators – Provide visual indication of system status.
- Vacuum Cycle Controller – Control ON/OFF buttons, main power switch.
- Pressure Transducer/ Gauge Controller – Provides pressure display and set point valve control per integral Pressure Transducer data. Also provides pressure set-point relays that can be used for various system control functions.
- Control Valves
- Automatic Vent Valve – Automatic solenoid valve vents air or inert gas purge into chamber based on control input from Vacuum Cycle Controller.
|Do you have limited Counter Space, or Large Batch Sizes?
||The entire system can integrated on a cart using identical or mixed-sized, front-loading cubes in a locker-type configuration. Cart-mounting provides full system mobility and thus flexibility of positioning on your production floor. Mixed-sized inventory? Add optional removable shelving to some, or all, of your cubes for optimal and versatile drying configurability.
|Do you require any options?
Vacuum Oven upgrade options include:
- A Vacuum Cycle Controller (VCC) that can be used to automate some or all of the control functions via panel-mounted buttons and indicators (as illustrated here).
- A VCC controlled by a PC with a user-specified Graphical User Interface (GUI) operated through a touch-screen (as illustrated in the Vacuum Storage System).
- Heavy-duty mobile cart.
- FDA-approved internal coating.
- Shelving (passive).
- Thermal plates/shelving (for heating up to 150C, or 300C).
- Inert gas purge.
- Circulation fans.
|Are you concerned about craftsmanship?
- Surfaces protected by PTFE non-stick coating for easy cleaning
- A full diameter clear window for viewing
- Heating systems consisting of an electric heater and temperature controller
- Brackets to support trays or racks
- Vacuum Sequencer and Cycle Timer with Vacuum Regulator
- Electronic feed-thru
All chambers are vacuum tested to 29.92 inches of Hg or optional up to 10-8 ccHe/sec and should maintain this for its life dependent on seal condition and customer use.