The Abbess Thermal Altitude Test Vacuum System shown facilitates thermal and vacuum profiles consistent with altitudes to 200K feet. Customer defined devices are supported with an array of 25 pin D-sub, BNC and SMA feedthrus. Thermal and Vacuum controls are addressed as discrete concerns with PID ramping control of the chamber evacuation and temperatures of the thermal plate system (via temperature controllers). The system stands alone on a mobile custom steel frame caster cart. Facility support requirements include power to the pumping system and heat cartridge elements of the thermal plate and LN2 Dewar to support the cooling loop.
Abbess’s Altitude Test Chamber contains the following components:
- Vacuum Chamber – Front Loading Aluminum Cube with Clear Acrylic Door.
- Thermal Plate – Aluminum Thermal Platen mounted in the bottom of chamber with cartridge heating elements and cooling loop (for connection to facility supplied LN2). Feed-through for electrical power, thermocouple and cooling lines extend through the rear wall of the chamber.
- Controlled by PID temperature Controller mounted in Process Control Enclosure.
- Mobile Cart – Heavy-duty cart/stand with chamber and pumping system mounted and tested ready to use.
- Vacuum Gauge and Controller with integrated Proportional Valve Control of Pfeiffer/Adixen ACP-15 Dry Pump evacuation.
- Process Feedthrus: 25 pin D-sub, BNC and SMA.