Call or email us with questions, configurations, or customizations
Phone: (508) 881 8811 • Fax: (508) 881 4884
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. For accurate quotes, please fill out the RFQ form or call/email us.
Abbess Instruments' products (the unit) are carefully tested and inspected before leaving the factory. We warrant the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for 12 months from the date of receipt, under the following conditions/exceptions:
- Abbess acrylic lids and acrylic vacuum chambers are designed to be robust, however due to the nature of acrylic, are not meant to withstand being dropped, having a point load placed of them or withstanding sharp blows. They are also prone to becoming scratched and abraded, especially when caustic samples are placed inside of the chamber or when solvents containing caustics or abrasives are used to clean the acrylic components of the chamber. For these reasons Abbess will only warranty these acrylic parts from defects in the workmanship and the material themselves, but not for any effects of mishandling or otherwise normal use that can be detrimental to acrylic.
- All Refrigeration/Cooling Units are warranted for ninety (90) days.
- Shipping Disclaimer: The components of Abbess Vacuum Chamber Systems are, by their nature, delicate. Abbess Instruments strongly recommends that all systems containing electronics be shipped by air. Abbess cannot be responsible for components becoming loose or damaged during transit. We have found through our experiences that regardless of how well electronics are packed for shipping they are prone to damage. For that reason we will only ship systems containing vacuum components and electronics via air ride truck or air unless specified otherwise by the customer. If a customer chooses to ship another mode of shipping the customer must take full responsibility, in writing, for any damage incurred in shipping. Abbess reserves the right to void a warranty for equipment shipped via any mode not consistent with Abbess policy. Under no circumstances will we warranty a product that has been shipped via ocean.
- Warranties will become void if vacuum chambers are kept in an environment that causes contamination to the chamber and/or its components, and any operating difficulties caused by dirt or contamination will not be covered by warranty.
- In the event of defect in materials or workmanship, we will either repair or replace, at our option, any part which in our judgment shows evidence of such defect.
- This warranty does not cover wear or expendable items such as gaskets/o-rings/gaskets or oil.
- This warranty does not apply if, in our opinion, the unit has been misused, abused, altered, tampered with, or used in life-cycle testing.
- Abbess will only be responsible up to the cost of the unit. This warranty does not cover any consequential damages. At the end of the warranty period, Abbess shall be under no further warranty obligation expressed or implied
- For service please request a return material authorization (RMA) number from abbess by calling 1-508-881-8811. After an RMA has been assigned, ship the unit, freight prepaid, in the original crating. If the original crating is not available, suitable crating must be used.
- There will be a charge for all repairs made that are not, under abbess judgment, made as warranty repairs.
Aslo see our Terms and Conditions.