For use in Plasma Physics for fielding cryogenic tagets
This cryostat was used in the D2 equation-of-state experiments on the Nova laser at LLNL, 1998-1999
- Temperature Range of 1.2K to 425K
- Main body dimensions, app. 4 inch OD x 32 inch long
- 1.00 inch Dia. quick connecting Sample Mounting block for cold finger.
- Coldfinger has a large litzwire type thermal connection to cryogen pot.
- Independent Vacuum Insulation, includes a fully vacuum jacketed tail section, all the way to the cold finger. (vacuum of cryostat is not dependent on the vacuum of the laser target chamber -or- the cold finger is external to the cryostat body)
- Vapor Cooled, Thermal Radiation Shield with Vacuum jacket penetration.
- Gold plated radiation shield is magnetically coupled to the cryostats vapor cooled thermal shield for quick release.
- Cryogen fill and vent ports and electrical connections are provided with a single Quick connection of the
- Abbess Bi-Directional transfer line ( see photo below )
- Indirect cooling by cryogen, liquid helium or nitrogen, Flow or fill mode.
- Cryogen pot has 1-2 liter capacity
- Helium Level sensor is included in the design to monitor the level within the cryostat’s cryogen pot.
- Electrical connection to the level sensor in the cryostat, is provided through the cryogenic electrical
- contacts of the Abbess Bi-directional cryogenic transfer line bayonet
- All joints and seals to be helium leak tested to 1×10-7 Std. c.c./sec
- 2 Heaters, one boost Heater about 60W, and one dual element heater disc, with both 25 and 50 ohm.
Abbess Instruments’ Cryogenic Bayonet connection with level meter electrical contacts built in to the bayonet.